Since June 29th, Ray and I have struggled with where do we want to go with our careers and life as a couple. I took a leave of absence on that day from Medical School during my third semester. The last 6 weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions. Do we go back to our "old" life and move forward with adoption NOW or do we stay put on Saba, allowing me to finish medical school? If I stay in school, does Ray continue to stay on St. Maarten to work or does Ray take a leave of absence from work and come live with me on Saba? Either way life would have been good, but what was God's Will?
After wrestling with those thoughts, tons of advise/opinions, and prayer; Ray and I have decided to press forward in FAITH and continue with this medical school thing. Ray is going to take a leave of absence from work for the next 12 months, so we can live together on Saba. This will not only help us financially, but emotionally it will be what i need to get through my last year on Saba.
Ray and I agree that too many "GOD THINGS" have happened this past year for this not to be God's will. Its our responsibility to step forward in Faith. Alot of my anxiety was about the future and what ifs. As a christian, I should know that the what ifs are for God to worry about. I am suppose to live each day to my best and accomplish what He has placed before me. I do think though the living apart from Ray was something that needed to be changed. Life is too short to take it for granted. We want to be together and enjoy this process as a team, not living on separate islands. So now we can!!!
At this point, i have 29 months until i complete my medical degree. In a sense, its a long way to go but in another sense its just around the corner! I do not regret the time i lost in school these past few months. I got to take a mental break and spend time with Ray. I was able to go back as a CRNA and earn some cash to get us to a point where he could be with me on Saba. I meet an awesome blogger "Dr.mommy and her pumpkins!!!". She is a 2nd year anesthesia resident @ UAB that is a single mom and just completed an international adoption. Her story is so inspiring! If she can do it, I can do it! Thanks Dr. Mommy also for your encourging words when i reached out to you!
So with all of this said this is the goals for now:
1. Trust God and lean not on your own understanding! Proverbs 3:5-6
2. Establish "Our Creator's Hope" and have it up and running by January 2008
3. Finish my 2nd year medical school on Saba. Then back to the states 08/2008 for year 3 and 4!!!!
4. Start preparing for an international adoption. Yes , it takes 1-2 years to get everything in order. There is alot to learn and do before you can bring home a child. We need to save financially for this, along with prepare ourselves emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
We are heading back to the USA on August 11th. I will work until I board the plane back to Saba on the 3rd of September. We are shipping back ALOT of stuff we have piling up around here that we dont use or need! We are going to attend an adoption seminar on the 27th with http://www.cwa.org/ (the agency we will use) and find out more about the process and get answers to the THOUSANDS of questions we have!!!!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment