Alexis and Lauren
Aunt Marie
Ray having a Miller with Miller at Miller Stadium. (Josh got a kick out of that statement!!! "Freedom Tour 2006")
Our break was good. I worked as a CRNA during the break!!! Nothing too exciting on our trip back besides visiting with friends and family! We did not get to go to the CWA adoption meeting , but we are still working toward getting to a meeting within the next few months. Now that Ray is on Saba fulltime, he plans to get Our Creator's Hope paperwork with the IRS completed so we can be up and running by January!
School started back on Sept 4th. We didn't get to Saba until 3pm on the 4th so my first day of class was Wednesday the 5th! We have a new apartment! I love it. Everything is new and clean. It has beautiful views of St. Bart's, St. Maarten, and St. Eustatius (sometimes St. Kitts/Nevis weather permitting). The apartment has a few minor construction work being worked on at the moment and our furniture is coming hopefully on Friday the 14th...I will be posting pictures of the finished apartment and outside but at the moment i have posted some photos of the views and kitchen!!!
Its good to be back to Saba but bitter sweet knowing that I added an extra semester that i did not want to do in this pursuit of my medical degree. I am missing all my former classmates. Our schedules this semester are different so its hard to see them regularly. As far as the school work goes, I am hoping the first few blocks will not be bad as i have already done those before!
On a sadder note, Wednesday Sept 5th, I was notified that Aunt Marie lost her battle with leukemia. Her funeral was today the 8th of September. On Thursday September 6th, Josh Miller died. We received the terrible news Friday morning. Josh was one of Ray's best friends for over 20 years. Ray is going to be heading back to the states September 10th-17th to attend the funeral. This past week just kind of puts a perspective on whats important in life. I have attached some photos of Josh and Aunt Marie in their memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment