Saturday, March 29, 2008

There are people watching....

One evening a business man in an airport was standing around and another fellow walked up to him and asked , "Sir, do you have any money so i can buy dinner? I just moved here and i work in the kitchen and i have no money and i am hungry";

the business man hesitated within himself is this guy for real? He is probably going to use it for alcohol or drugs. If you work in a kitchen how come you can not just take the food from there? but with the prompting of the Holy Spirit, he opened up his wallet and gave the man a $5.00 bill with the exception, "You can have this only if I can pray for you." The fellow was so excited, he said "Yes, please pray for me. I want to move my wife and mother here, but i am working trying to save money and I need prayer." so they prayed in the middle of the airport food court.

As the prayer was finished the fellow got in line and order his food, the business man continued to stand there and wait, thats when the business man felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and a young man standing behind him said, " Sir, are you a preacher? That was one of the nicest things I have ever seen."; the business man replied, "No, I am just a struggling christian like everyone else." a few others around the area also commented on the scene that took place and the fellow walked by again with his food again thanking the man for his generosity......so what lessons are there to learn from our Heavenly father????




1. You never know when you might entertain angels, so always ask what would Jesus do...Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it. — Hebrews 13:2





2. Your act of kindness shines as a testimony for others. This business man never realized that people were watching, what if he had reacted differently, what would the outcome had been?





3. One small act of generosisty touched many lives that night and showed Christ. Remember we all can do our part, even the smallest things, God uses to make great!!!!





I can not help but to believe that the scene that took place was for the people standing around watching. We thought it was about the fellow who was hungry. I think God used that to speak to others about their heart's condition.


I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father for sending me wonderful messages like this to encourage our christian walk, I am honored to say that the business man in the story was my Earthly father who was waiting to pick up my husband at the ATL airport!!!





I love you, Dad!



1 comment:

The Rutland Family said...

Leigh,
That doesn't surprise me at all about your dad. I don't think I have ever seen him without a smile on his face and a willingness to give you the shirt off of his back. Remember when he cooked us hamburgers at 2:00 in the morning!?!? I love your parents and hope to get to see them very soon! Have a great week!
Love ya!
Pam