Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree........Oh Christmas Tree, how lovely are thy branches :)

Ok, so i arrived home Thursday evening (12/4) from North Carolina to find the house still like I left it, UNPACKED and UNORGANIZED so the next couple of days, I was on a mission to get somewhat of an organized system going and the house looking more like a home.

Ray and I ended up getting a lot done, but we still have boxes in the basement and garage that needs to be unpacked and organized, but at least things are getting somewhat in order.

Ray and I are heading to MA Dec 22-26th to spend Christmas with his family. This Christmas we were a little skimpy with the Christmas Decor. We figured since we were only going to be together in our home a total of 15 days during the "holiday period"; we should just do minor decor. Saturday we headed to Micheals craft store and found a pre-light 4'5" Christmas tree for $24.99!!!! I know pitiful, but hey at least we have a tree!! (lol)

I am posting pictures of the past week. A few more touches are needed before the interior is completely done like: getting my window treatments (My mother is making them, SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT), painting that white air intake in the wall to the color of the actual wall, finding pictures for our frames that you see empty on the wall and counters), an end table for the den, master and guest bedroom suites/furniture, and barstools/kitchen table!

Hopefully we can have it all done sometime in early 2009, so the spring/summer of 2009, we can focus on our landscaping/yard issues!!!!! Then we can move on to our 2010 goal of finishing the basement and fencing in the backyard!!!

Enjoy the picture show!!!





AND YES I AM WATCHING IT SNOW OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!!! WITH THE CHRISTMAS DECOR!!! IT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

2 comments:

-AG said...

Hey Leigh,
B/c of the chance of SNOW school got delayed until 9:30!!!! We got a flurry some time last night, but I didn't see it. NONE OF IT STUCK!!!!!
I love your new house and Christmas decorations!!!!!Well I have got to go!! TTYL, TTFN, LY!!!!
-Alexis-

Chris Haven said...

you have a beautiful home.