Sunday, January 11, 2009

Why you shouldn't go see the movie... Marley and Me


Because you will end up realizing what's missing in life, a dog!!!!

Ray and I have a chocolate lab, "Boomer" ! He was a rescue dog=best dog ever!!! As we headed to the Caribbean in August 2006, my parents gracefully allowed us to keep him at their home while we tried to find a place for us to live with him overseas. As we arrived to the islands, we quickly realized that Boomer would be better off at my parents and kept him there for the two years!

When it came time for us to move to Kansas City, my parents thought it might just be "too cold" for Boomer in Kansas City so they felt they needed to keep him!!! (Get that too cold???? apparently there are no older, lab dogs in KC...lol)......so with that said, Boomer has found his place at my parents home. I guess it is for the best because I started to think about Boomer's mental health had he been moved to KC and he probably would have had post traumatic stress disorder due to the removal of my mom's southern cooking and McDonald fries/cheeseburger runs she does for him!!! LOL

Soooooooo, Ray and I after watching Seven pounds (which has an adorable Dane staring in the movie) and Marley & Me, decided to contact the Great Dane rescue group here in KC to find out if they had any dogs available.

Yesterday morning we headed up to Cameron, MO to meet a couple of Danes in the rescue to determine which one would be ours!!! After seeing the dogs and playing with them, we felt that both dogs needed a good home so now we are bringing home two danes!!!

Tigger is around 3 yrs and Justin is around 2 years!!!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Awwww!!!! I saw your status this evening, but wasn't quite sure... but WOW!!! Congratulations!!! Tigger and Justin are such cuties!!! I LOVE Danes!!!! They are such an awesome breed!! Their size is amazing and I just love their personalities! They are beautiful boys! :) Marley and Me has that effect on people... I had to come home after seeing the movie and just cuddle my dogs for a while, after getting teary-eyed at the theater. ;) Both of our dogs are rescues too- best way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

My hubby got me a 7 1/2 old maltese puppy 4 Christmas. Jasper is adorable and I'm in love!

Beckie