What a rainy weekend!!!! Sorry about the missed May 10th post; don't you worry....I am six weeks away from Step 2 and its study time so I am sure I will have my random rants here and there to procrastinate my studying!!! I decided during this post I would break down with topics.
SCHOOL: I am off until July 6th!!! YEAH!!! These past 2 weeks I have been at Childrens Mercy doing an allergy/asthma/immunology rotation. I really enjoyed the rotation and the hospital is just awesome. They offer 2 preliminary peds intern spots a year and I am definitely going to go for it. (so cross your fingers for me!!). I will be doing some more rotations there in a few months, (PICU, ER, or Cardiology). I am buckling down and studying between now and July. Prays are welcomed for an awesome Step 2 CK/CS exam results!
ADOPTION: What a journey. Let me just go on a rant here. Please do not take offense to this because really its not at a particular person, its just the situation in general and I have been wanting to say this for awhile. Alot of my classmates, family, and friends know we are in the process of an adoption. We greatly appreciate how supportive everyone has been, but there are times when we are being asked CONSTANTLY : "when is Tian coming home, why is it taking so long, i had a friend who's adoption was done in 3 months...blah, blah, blah....THIS DOES NOT HELP THE SITUATION. Ray and I are at the mercy of the adoption bureaucracy and EVERY adoption/child/situation is different.
The reason is Ray and I started our adoption in the opposite direction. Most adoptive families have their completed home study and dossier before they are identified with a child who's paperwork is completed (thats usually when families tell others about their intentions to adopt). In those situations for a special needs child in China your wait is approx. (NOTICE APPROX) 6-12 months to bring your child home. If your adopting a healthy young child, your wait time is approx 48 months. We are adopting a 7 yr boy with minor SN so yes according to the above he should have been home January 2009 since we found out about him in January 2008, but because we identified our child prior to ANY paperwork process being done by the orphanage and by us this has caused this whole thing to DRAAGGGG OUT and my patience is running very, very thin!!!! I promise I will post ANY information concerning travel to China to get him the minute i found out so in the meantime could you just pray for us and Tian??? Because the answer to the question your going to ask is going to be "I DON'T KNOW".
So now on to what I do know!!!! I did receive some EXCELLENT news this past week. Tian's file is coming to a completion and Holt will have it. Ray and I did our home study last year and so all of our documents (medicals, fingerprints, home study) is outdated so this week we are running around getting this all updated so we can get our I-800 out the door and dossier updated. THIS TIME HOPEFULLY we will get logged into China by July (I know we have said this so many times) but now that Tian paperwork is there, the time line can be more predictable. We are really hoping for a Dec/January travel date to pick him up (assuming everything goes as plan with China matching us with him).
I am working on a Lifestory book for Tian that I will send to him once CCAA has officially matched us with all the IN DATE paperwork. The book will have the story of how we found out about him, our journey, and pictures from when he was a baby until now (I am so very grateful for Staci Singleton who has videos/pictures of those years he has been in the orphange.), pictures of us, cousins/grandparents, and the house. I will then create a second book that will have the actual adoption journey with pictures of us in China and all the dates and timeline this whole thing has played out. (Yes Michelle, a study distraction...lol)
Birthday: Happy Birthday to me!!! This week I will be turning 36!!! Ray and I broke down and went to DQ and bought my ice cream birthday cake early!!! IT was soooooo good!!!! I am planning to see "Shrek in 3D" on my special day, Shrek movies are my favorite and I absolutley LOVE puss in boot ...he is hilarious!!! I just love him!!!
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment