Friday, September 17, 2010

Aiden Bear


He is my child. 4 am this morning, I woke up wide eyed and dying to talk to Aiden. I checked my email and no update was in my inbox, so i stayed in bed and watched the early morning news. I rechecked my emails about 30 minutes later and had the weekly update!!! I was so excited and sent off a message, I am waiting to Skype, so today I got to Skype Aiden before heading out to the hospital!!! Ok, I actually skipped a 0645-900 am lecture this morning so I could stay home and Skype Aiden (hince Cameron calling me out on it in the video!!!) LOL.....!!!! Why is this cool??? Because at 4 am my time, Kim told me that Aiden had asked to call his mommy!!!!

As the annoying microphone and picture problems continue in the video you can see that Aiden was getting a little distracted and tired of it!!! He gets a little excited to see us and himself on screen so he makes faces and moves to watch himself!!! This skype call was a disaster as my microphone and computer has bit the dust. I ended up having to hang up the call and use Ray's computer to skype which was SO MUCH BETTER.. I have a program on my computer called Pamela which allows you to record any calls or videos you do on skype!!! TOTALLY COOL, so expect to see more videos posted here. I have more Aiden videos from the skype call on Ray's computer but those are on my cell phone as Pamela was not downloaded on his computer, so later on I will post those, he was showing me his art work!!! Aiden Bear is a cutie and i love him so much!!!

Here is his weekly update :)
  • The highlight of the weekend for me was seeing Aiden when he saw the Great Wall for the first time.  He was so excited and proud.  He started yelling “I can see the Great Wall!” over and over again, and then he said “China is a great country!”.  He was chewing his hand another sure sign of his excitement.  It was a very moving thing to watch as you could see how truly in awe he was of the size and magnitude of the Great Wall.
  • At the schoolhouse restaurant, Aiden had a huge plate of trout and ate it up, we then got the watch some amazing glass blowing.  Aiden loved seeing the man create this beautiful bowl, in fact he kept asking could he eat it as he thought it was a lollipop, this made everyone laugh.
  • Last night in his homework communication book Alicia had written that Aiden had done a fantastic job in creating words and sentences using the magnetic board.  This is definitely one thing that is truly noticeable, his English is improving in leaps and bounds! I would guess he would have up to 200 English words in his vocabulary.  But the most impressive thing is his ability to correctly structure sentences.  He will often come home with exercises that involve him having to unjumble a sentence or fill in blanks in a sentence and I am always watching him waiting to jump in and help but he ALWAYS does this completely on his own without any assistance!  His comprehension of what it means is also there which is really impressive!!!
  •  I know Alicia has had a great strategy in place letting Aiden be the jobs person or "helper" in the classroom.  He is very proud of helping his teacher and this is the first thing he talks about every afternoon I pick him up!  I really think he starting to settle down.
  • This week Aiden has asked about you both heaps
  • He is very excited about the party but then went  into his room for ages, I went in asked him if he was ok.  Yes he was fine he was just trying to decide which of his toys he was going to give Leo and Oliver as a birthday present.....very cute!  He had picked out some stickers and a glider plane. I told him not to worry that I would go to the shops while he was at school and buy them something new but the gesture from him was very thoughtful and showed he was a good sharer!!
  • Today Aiden had his first school assembly and the Grade 2’s sang a very fast but funny song in English.  I would love to tell you the name of it but I truly could not spell it if I tried.  It is about a danish man I think.....anyway Aiden was front row and did a great job.  He can sing most of the chorus perfectly but it is a very very hard song to sing even for fluent English speakers! ( The song is in the video is its called " "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt")

2 comments:

Staci said...

Awwww!! LOVE this! The cable cars going up the the Wall look so fun :) I didn't get to go on them (we went to the part where you walk on) but my dad and Chrissy got to go on those their first time and I've always thought they would be so much fun to go on.. even though just slightly terrifying too ;) LOVE LOVE LOVE that Aiden asked to call you :) Sweetest thing ever. love this:)

The Stevens said...

Thanks Staci,

I have to ask did Chayah watch the video....I was going to have him say Hi to Chayah and Sarah on the next video, but last night when we skyped our videos were not working... :(