Friday, October 15, 2010

Phil. 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

HALLELUJAH!!!!! IS ALL I GOT TO SAY!!!

Here's the deal. Wednesday Night, Ray and I had an in person meeting with our local Holt agent, social worker, and phone conference with the director of Holt China program in California.

There has been alot of misunderstanding and communication problems which lead to the meeting. We were very upset to hear that his file just reached CCAA this past Monday. We had multiple emails from Holt since May stating his file was there back in May and when asked time lines since May the answers have always been 6-8 months despite the lengthening of the wait, redoing his file etc. It was very concerning to us so we were looking into maybe switching agencies. After our long discussion, we realized the problems and Holt promised to keep us updated and advocate intensively with CCAA to get Aiden's file proceed faster. Holt had more answers during this meeting. Next week, CCAA will release files and Holt stated that CCAA would not be able to release his file for that release it would be more Nov/Dec time frame. If they release at that time, which would be more likely December, we would be 6-8 months wait time until he arrives home. We were devastated and upset. That would put us into May/June now officially 2 years of waiting with Holt, not including the 17 months prior when we found his file at WACAP....

Let me just say I had a coming apart. If your not from the south, that means a meltdown.  I could not believe it. Here I am with 6 months off (Jan-July) to get Aiden settled in at home,his medical treatments/surgeries done before I start residency , and they are telling me he is coming home after the fact. Lets just say I was frantic.......How can this be? It's such a terrible feeling of hopelessness because there is nothing we can do or our agency Holt can do. It's in God's hands and timing as much as I DO NOT LIKE IT.....................

well fast forward to TODAY!!!!!!!!!! READ THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG............THAT'S RIGHT REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SCRIPTURE WAS ON MY GOOGLE HOMEPAGE TODAY, under that was my inbox and a new email from Holt:  Our Beijing staff has continued to correspond with the CCAA about  the urgency of Tian’s release to the CCAA shared list, at my request.  I have some good news that the CCAA told our staff that there is a distinct possibility that Tian’s file will be released earlier than I predicted--next week (we hope)!!!

If Aiden's file is released next week, this means China's CCAA has expedited his file processing and there holds a HUGE possibility that he can be home in January!!! We will keep everyone updated!!! We could use PRAYERS BIG TIME!!!!

On the other hand, Ray and I haven't gotten to video skype Aiden in awhile. His foster parents have away on a few trips  over the last month and our schedules seem to conflict (they are 13 hours ahead). 

Tonight we were able to skype. Aiden received his package from us (school clothes/books/Halloween card/candy/ and his Halloween costume!!!  Skype was great because AIDEN MODELED FOR  US HIS HALLOWEEN COSTUME.......SPIDERMAN!!! WE LOVED IT :) NOTHING LIKE A GREAT END TO A TERRIBLE WEEK ON THE ADOPTION FOREFRONT!! (We have about 30 minutes of video from yesterday, but I cut it down to a cute 1 min clip of the spiderman saga because the larger  video file has been trying to download for 2 days........yikes!)


ENJOY!!!!!!!





1 comment:

Rachael said...

He is the cutest lil man!!!! Can't wait for you to have him at home with you soon :)