Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WE HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aiden's File with his updated picture
Aiden at School :)



LAST NIGHT:
Ray and Leigh:
I hear from our staff we locked Tian's file!  I will be in touch in the morning as soon as possible.  We can submit the LOI right away, at least by tomorrow to start the clock!  Have a good evening,
Beth

THIS MORNING:

Dear Raymond and Leigh:

·         Congratulations on your match with Dang Tian Ai! 
·         We successfully uploaded your Letter of Intent (LOI) to the CCAA website on 10/20/10.  


So now what does this mean?

Waiting on LOA: the document that officially says we are a family, it also allows us to send Aiden's information to the US government (I-800A) to get his visa/passport/citizenship approval........

Once I-800A approval is ready its sent to China where they process it and send back an Article 5 stating all is a go, schedule your China adoption court date!!!!
TA: (travel approval): you have a court date and all paperwork is completed, come get your child!!! 

NOW most adoptions this takes 6-8 months. We are requesting this to be expedited due to the nature of our adoption and his age (see adoption story link)....they miraculously expedited the release of his file so we are expecting they will continue this process...........KEEP PRAYING FOR FAST TURN AROUNDS WITH PAPERWORK ESP SINCE WE ARE ENTERING HOLIDAY SEASON.......... ( i have read stories where LOA came in 11 days and others where it came in 125 days........we need favor!!!) I would say realistically after your LOA you have about 8-10 weeks before your in China!!!! Can you see why I need to get the LOA ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Staci said...

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! This is sooooooooo amazing!!!! I can't even believe it!!! Such an answer to prayer! Totally a miracle!!!! This completely blows me away!! You have his file!!!! You sent out your LOI!!!!! WOW!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! He is another big step closer to being home!!!!!!!!!!