Wednesday, February 16, 2011






Hi Folks,

Its Wednesday afternoon. We had a busy morning. We went to Aiden's private school BCIS and meet the staff that took care of him (as you can see in the pictures). After vising at BCIS we headed to Teresa Woo medical foster care home to see the orphaned babies she cares for. They were so cute!!! One of the babies had stayed at the Dorrs home in November when he was a preemie and was very very sick. He has grown so much and is doing well. His medical exam revealed that he is a hely althy little boy and a Chinese family in China will be adopting him in a few months. Aiden loved seeing him and playing with him as he held him as a tiny baby when he was being cared for my the Dorrs. Aiden said., " look mommy he remembers me"....It was very very sweet. 

This afternoon we decide just to chill in our hotel room. I think Aiden is worn out with all the rushing around we have been doing. He asked me this morning, Mommy why do we always have to get up and go why can we not just stay indoors? So we let him have his IPAD game time this afternoon to rest up for our dinner out with everyone in a little while.

Everything is still going great! Ray and I are head  over heels for Aiden. He is such a good kid. He told me today, " Mommy I am a big boy but because of my back people think i am very little." I told Aiden, that when he goes to America we will have fix his back and it will help him grow. He said " Yeah and i can be the size of other 8 year olds." It broke my heart. I explained to him that he will grow but that he is chinese and chinese are smaller people than Americans. I know it weighs on his heart so much. He only talks about it here and there, but when he does i know he is looking for reassurance from me that he will be ok like the other boys. I also told Aiden that people come in all sizes and we love everyone no matter their size and how fun he was and that people love being his friend. Please pray for Aiden confidence (which by the way has grown tremendously over the last 8 months since living with the dorrs).

Ok i am sorry there are a gazillion pics but i wanted you all to see them!!! Enjoy!!!

No comments: