Monday, February 7, 2011

T-3 days until China!!! WOW!!

I know, I haven't blogged much but honestly, we have been anxiously waiting for the calendar days to tick off......Now the time has come. Thursday we will board our flight to China! I can not believe it!!! I talked with Aiden this weekend on Skype and the kid is so excited!!! Ahhhhh....packing is so stressful. I do not want to get there and need something ,but i have so many gifts and items to carry to China, packing light is a must!!!! Here is our life in pictures over the last few weeks.........

January 17th: I went out to NYC while Ray was there for work!!! While there I found a new hairstylist and colorist at Sally Hershberger!!! MarKo Tomassetti and Matthew James Fugate!!!
They travel back and forth from LA
to NYC to do hair and their work is 
amazing!!! So excited about finding them 
and having them as new hairdressers!!!






February 1st: BLIZZARD of OZ in  2011








February 7th: PACKING WEEK!!!


My diploma finally came in the mail!!! 


Our guest bedroom is where the packing is occurring!!! 4 suitcases ready to go....these suitcases will hold our clothes and gifts to take to China!!! We have (2) 26 inch roller, (1) 21 inch roller, (1) 30 inch roller....not shown:  (1) roller laptop/files/and small area for clothes carry on and a backpack....praying we get in all in these!!! Each person is allowed 2 50 lbs checked items and 1 personal item/carryon.....so we still have room to add a few suitcases (we are just trying to minimize!)

Trying to figure out what to bring for Aiden to wear. He has tons of clothes we sent to China,but i wanted to bring a few new things as he has gone through a growth spurt and i want to make sure he has some nice things to wear in his swearing in!!

Poor Aiden gets motion sickness, I have heard ginger is good for nausea...maybe these will help?

So i decided I should bring a pharmacy with me just in case someone gets sick on the 18 day journey!! I am so smart!!!

This is our ANTI NAUSEA/MOTION SICKNESS STUFF....Sea band wrist bands, gum, lollipops, chewable tablets, and LESS drowsy dramamine...wet wipes in case of well you know "clean up"

A very smart momma!!! I made up barf bags!!! Take paper lunch sack add grocery plastics inside and wa  la! Ray and I do plan to take the airlines bags as well to keep on us!!! Plz pray for him! I want him to remember this as a great experience not puking or drug out!!! :(







2 comments:

Stacey Smith said...

I am so excited for you. I wanted to add that I would probably add chewing gum for Aiden to help with his ears popping. I know Steven took his first trip on a plane 2 years ago and that was a biggie for him. Love ya'll and I can't wait for the emails to start coming in.
Stacey

The Stevens said...

Good one Stacey!!! I like, I like!!!
Thanks!!!