Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kevin Chacha


We received an email from Kevin today! He is doing well! He is missing us and it just breaks our hearts that we are not in a position to get on a plane and head to Kenya at this moment. The war is really hindering our Kenya teams from getting there, but we think things have calmed down and teams can start the journey once again! It's so hard as they are children and do not understand alot of things. I wish Kenya laws were not so strict on adoption. We would bring Kevin home in a heartbeat! We are praying for God direction for his life and our purpose in that. I have enclosed his email to us!
Left: Brian, Kevin's friend and Right: Kevin, Our sponsor child!!

February 23, 2008
Dear Leigh,
How are you? I am telling Sandy what to type. Did you tell me that you would send me shoes and clothes for Christmas? Because I did not get them. I would rather you come see me than to send me shoes. Do you think there is a chance that you could ever come to Kenya? I am 13 years old, I am in grade 7at Kowino Primary. I have one more year before my exams and then I will go to high school. I am praying for you for the school where you learn. Here in Marindi, we are so well. Here in Kenya is war because the president that won is not there because the one who is voted in has refused to move. So there is many fights and wars. I am well here in Marindi with momma sandy and all the family. I love you so much and hope you can write me soon.

Kevin came to Marindi in July 2005. I meet him for the first time in August 2005. I went back to see him in March 2006 and had another trip planned in April 2007 (but due to school that trip was canceled). I send him emails to stay in touch. It's the quickest way to get the letters to him. In our December email, We asked Kevin what he wanted for Christmas. We bought him some stuff and gave it to the team that was schedule to leave in December 2007. But due to the war, they had to cancel the trip. We would love to start a program with kenyarelief.org that would allow us to bring some of our Marindi children over to the USA for 2-3 week summer sponorship program. Would that not be awesome.

2 comments:

The Rutland Family said...

Hi there! Thanks for sharing his email. You have truly made an impact on his life. I will pray that God's will~will be done for him.
Continuously praying!
Pam

Anonymous said...

What a sweet looking boy and how wonderful that you were able to meet him. I wish the laws were different so you could adopt him too.