
Where does the time fly? At times, I feel like I was just 16 years old and other times I feel like August 12th, 2008 will never get here (thats when I am done with Saba, yippee).
As I sit here today studying for my exams, I could not help but to be thrown into deep thought about "life". As I studied heart disease and colon disease, I am overwhelmed with all the things humans will do to themselves which ultimately shortens our lives. Here are some well advised "Life" lessons:
1. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
2. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
3. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone-but it takes a lifetimeto forget someone.
4. Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.
5. Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.
6. Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you,it probably hurts the person too.
7. A careless word may kindle strife; a cruel word may wreck a life; atimely word may level stress; a loving word may heal and bless.
8. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
9. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.
As I decided to take a study break, I decided to take sometime to reflect on "Life". I was updating myspace today and uploaded a new background that has these words:
"Someday everything will make perfect sense so for now, LAUGH at the confusion, SMILE through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that EVERYTHING happens for a REASON"
How ironic? Today, I remembered that Karen Thompson's 33 birthday is upon us. Karen was a friend of mine from high school who was killed in a car wreck on March 2nd, 1991. It was the first time I had ever lost anyone close to me. It's been over 17 years since that day and times does heal wounds but Karen your are missed just as much as today as you were on the day they said you were gone. I often wonder what she would have done in life, but I know one day, we will be together laughing and chatting about "life" hopefully in our Heavenly mansions by the sea!!!!
But then another ironic "life" moment happened today, Celebration!!! A dear friend of mine marks a new milestone in her life today as a new bride!! Congratulations, Leslie and Spencer!
Through my losses, gains, achievements, and failures God carried me through it all! I am so grateful for this crazy journey called "Life", because it has and will take me to places that I never could imagined. My favorite "Life" moment was the day I married Ray! He is an answer to my prayers and my best friend! I love you, Ray! Thank you for being a part of my life~
**the picture was taken on Thanksgiving 1999 ( 9 years ago). This was when I met Ray's family for the first time, and we had only been dating for 4 weeks! Who knew that the decision to go out with one of my girlfriends one night would lead me where I am today??? ****
No comments:
Post a Comment