Sunday, July 12, 2009

The tale of the little Bug

So this little guy was on our back door the other night. Ray ended up capturing a cute picture of him. I edited the picture a few times in Picasa and then posted it as my profile picture on facebook. My dear friend, David Wooten, commented on the picture with this:

Interesting profile pic. Is there some esoteric, metaphysical, philosophical significance to this picture?

I first answered, No, there was just something about the little guy, I liked!!! It's like he is sitting there smiling back at you!!! So that question got me wondering what is this bugs name? Which family of insects does he belong to? What is his purpose? So Ray and I went on a little journey of googling insects and bugs, and Ray found him!!!

Introducing: Ailanthus Webworm Moth.

The cool thing is when I googled this little fellow this came up, "They are powerful pollinators, who originally came from China and feeds on the plant Tree of Heaven." WOW. SO MUCH WAS SAID IN THAT TINY LITTLE SENTENCE and my mind quickly shifted to our future son, Tian Ai, which means Heavens Love translated. He too is from China, and I know God has an awesome plan for his life and that God is using his testimony of his life as an orphan as a powerful pollinator of God's grace, protection, love and mercy. Being an orphan is almost like being an Ailanthus webworm, It is hard to understand the whys, unknowns, and purpose of it all but God still needs that little webworm for His purpose and in the end thousands of beautiful flowers bloom !!!

So to answer your question, David, YES this does have a meaning behind it! Thanks for prompting me to find it!!!

No comments: