Monday, January 11, 2010

Fire, Fire

so last night around 2:30 am the dog started going crazy.......Ray jumps up because he hears an explosion. He looks out our bathroom window (which is all blurry due to the type of glass) and all he sees is orange. By this time, I am up and I am like whats going on??? Ray is like I have no idea and then another explosion happens. I jump up look out the window and I was like Ray something is on fire.............So we ran to the front of the house and right outside our house a car had caught on fire and the gas tank was exploding.  It was quiet scary. I have never seen such HUGE FLAMES AND EXPLOSIONS........ A few people started coming out of their houses and initially with the blaze you really could not tell if people were trapped in the car or if other cars were involved.

PRAISE THE LORD, no one was in the car, they got out when the fire started. Honestly, I still do not know what happen to make it catch on fire.  When Ray called 911, they argued with Ray about our street address and said there is no street in KC with that name (comforting, huh??). It took the fire trucks about 15 mins to get here, then the police another 30 mins???? I also wasn't impressed that the firefighters didn't have on masks standing right in the middle of the dark smoke  and they were using water to put the fire out. It was hilarious cause when it would tapper off they would walk away and it would ignite again, and I looked at Ray and said do they not know this is a gas/oil/tire rubber fire??? Don't they need the white powder stuff to extinguish????

Anyway around 4 am this morning they hauled off the car. Below are the shots!!!




Moral of the Story: Purchase a fire extinguisher with the white stuff in it, get 911 to get us on their map ( not sure why this is like that considering UPS, FED EX, and USPS can find us???),  and always pay attention to your Great Dane when he is going crazy!!!

No comments: