So this week we got hammered with artic record breaking temps, snow, ice, and THE CRUD. Yes thats right CRUD. Ray and I have been sick all week. No fevers or GI stuff; just congestion, sneezing, watery eyes, cough, runny nose with that dark green thick stuff.....YUCK......The frustrating this is We both had this sometime in the middle of December and we treated it with supportive therapies and then its like it tricked us by going away for a couple weeks and flared up again.
This week also marked my first full week of IM rotation. Can I just tell you, I am sucking big time. I do not know whats going on but I cant answer one question and half the time when i open my mouth I am like, " DID I JUST SAY THAT???" Maybe its the congestion that is clogging the brain. I don't think I have ever had a week like this in medical school where I thought I am going to quit about a gazillion times. I don't think my intern is fond of me, so the next 3 weeks is going to be miserable. Just to give you back ground, I did 7 weeks of IM at the VA back in August/Sept and rocked it, but due to Saba/VA contract issues, our school had to cease rotations during that time period and we had to stop rotations, thus leaving me short 5 weeks of IM so I am making those up now at St. Lukes. Its frustrating because I have not even thought about IM since end of September until this week, and its showing. On my previous rotation, I got 100s on my evaluation, I was confident and knew my stuff but at St.Lukes these past few weeks, It's like I never knew anything about medicine. I am all over the place. So in summary: THIS WEEK SUCKS. Early morning, Early bedtimes, LONG and MISERABLE DAY in between = misery, no exercising or studying.....................
I guess there is always next week.......
9 years ago
1 comment:
Oh yes...my nemesis was ER...I hate the emergency room! You can't stop the clock though...this too will end!
Post a Comment