Thursday, September 2, 2010

Aiden's week :)

  • Aiden was a little shy of the people and attention at first but gradually came round and enjoyed playing in the games and had a lot of fun. One thing I forgot to tell you about was the night before the party when we were making his cake.  Aiden was SO EXCITED I seriously thought he was going to wet his pants.  He has this habit of putting his hand in his mouth as if he is going to chew it when he is really excited, he does it ALL the time he talks to you on Skype as well, watch out for it next time! As I have learnt this is how you truly know he is happy with himself or a situation.  Anyway, all Friday night he kept running in and out of the kitchen, up and down the kitchen stool with his hand in his mouth watching his birthday cake being decorated.  He was all over the place wanting to help, wanting to watch, running in and out unable to stand still he was hilarious! Cameron and I couldn’t stop laughing as every time he ran back into the kitchen and we were up to a different stage in cake decorating he would exclaim “Good a Boy” to Cameron and “Good a Girl” to me.  Truly it was so lovely to see him so happy.
  • Yesterday Aiden was so happy he came home with his first award from his Chinese class.  He said he got given it for great work in his writing! He was so excited and couldn’t wait to show everyone. I have now started a special folder with his work sheets and awards so he can take it to America.  He knows about this folder and is always putting little things in that he wants to show you when you meet.
  • It is amazing the connection the three of you have already.  The photos you sent this week were perfect as if you knew exactly what he would be looking for.  Aiden just loved looking at them all.  The golf ones were great and all he kept saying was how clever he was that he knew Baba played golf on this green grass! The ultimate favorite one was of Justin in the car.  Aiden couldn’t sit straight from laughing so hard.  He raced and told Wendy that Baba was teaching Justin how to drive a car.  Of course the first thing Aiden did when Cameron walked in the door was to drag him to the computer babbling away in Chinese about the photos and how great they were.  Aiden was very excited to send his first email to you and every time I am on the computer he wants to know if I am talking or writing to you.
  •  
  • Yesterday, for the first time he just spontaneously asked if he could talk to his Mum.  I couldn’t believe it and of course quickly jumped onto the computer to call you. I actually asked him last night “Do you want to stay in Beijing or go to America?” He replied “To America, to my family of course!”.  I am truly amazed by his conviction and confidence in knowing where his future lies, quite incredible for such a little mind!
 
 

No comments: