Today I received a CD from the adoption agency that has the official videos and pictures that go with Aiden's file. It is amazing how different he is from May 2010 (when they were taken) to today in a home environment with his foster family....
I talked to his foster mother a few days ago and we talked about how stale, lonely, and cold the orphanage environment can be and these pictures/movies just drilled home the message. I am so happy for Aiden he has found his mom and dad! We love him soooooo much and we are ready to give him the world and help him become a wonderful man.
Despite this joy, there is a deep ache and pain. I weep for the ones left behind. In the videos please notice the other children in the background..........did you look at their eyes or body language? As a nurse and now a physician, it reminded me of an institutional environment not a home. True its better than nothing, but folks, orphanages are not the solution to the orphan problem. Children need homes with parents to love them and nurture their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. If you are considering adoption, GO FOR IT!!! It is God's call for us to care for the orphans, if your unsure......re watch these videos, look at these children/environment........they need YOU...........but the amazing thing about adoption, is what it does to you and you realize the power of God's love and the reality that all along IT WAS YOU THAT IS REALLY LUCKY TO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO CARE AND LOVE THEM.............
1 comment:
Leigh, thank you SOOOOOO much for posting this!! tear-jerker is right! i am about sobbing right now! It is so crazy and good to see the new Langfang! I need to go there soo bad!!! When Tian sat down in the chair at the end, he sat next to a little boy. I know that little boy and have held him!! I held him longer than any other orphan at Langfang back in 06! He was so sweet and smiley! There is the little albino one in the background too-- I know that baby, too! And although she wasn't in the video, there is also little Dang Tian Xing who has her paperwork completed and is on the shared list right now!! She just turned 5 this month and is at Langfang too! Oh wow how Langfang is so close to my heart!! I love that place and have a special bond to it.
Post a Comment