Sunday, January 3, 2010

1st Week in the New Year




So this morning is the First day of the new week in the new year :)!!! Time to kick in those new year resolutions!!!! I am going to try to eat ALOT BETTER FOR MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTION. I really want to try to cut out the sweets, cokes, and white carbs and add lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meats!!! In addition to that Santa bought us a Weider Pro Gym multi station and I plan to start working out on that daily and adding some cardio workouts in my life!!!  I would love to weigh about 30 lbs lighter than I do now since my clothes are getting SNUG!! So far this morning, I am not doing such a good job. Ray  made pancakes (YUMMY) and tonight a friend of ours, Victor,  is coming in to spend the night with us ( he is interviewing here for his  preliminary intern year) so we will be eating out tonight .

I am also going to be cracking down with my studying habits. Its time to put some major hours of reading, watching videos, and practice questions for Step 2! I am scheduled to take the exam in June so I figured a good 6 months of hardcore studying should get me a 99% on this exam!!!!

So whats the main issue with our life here in Kansas City ??? SNOW.

You say huh? Well this snow isn't just snow, its SNOW. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY. See the thing I love about KC  is the snow doesn't hang around too long, it comes and goes a few times in the winter, just enough to enjoy it but not long enough to make you consider moving to Florida permanently.

Since Christmas we have had snow!!! I haven't been out my front door since Dec 23rd. We have ~2 ft of snow all the way up to the front of our house. We have only shoveled out our driveway to get into the garage since there is so much SNOW!!! Last night it started to snow again and its still snowing this morning. At the moment we probably have gotten 2-3"  added to our total snow fall.

We are bummed because we opted to skip church today because our driveway and road isnt plowed or shoveled and  since we have a Honda Civic (FWD) and BMW (RWD with performance tires, YES WINTER WEATHER NIGHTMARE) we do not have the best vehicles to run around in.

Which brings another rant.

I love my convertible BMW, just love it but I have to tell you the ACURA MDX SUV would have been awesome right about now. If I have to be at the hospital in all weather conditions and we are going to live in a snowy place then a  SUV might be a good investment. So we are contemplating on trading in the Civic for a SUV, although our Civic has been very good in the weather thus far :) , so its really a HARD decision as we don't want another car payment, love the civic hybrid, and the winter months will soon pass us by.

This is our house after the Chrsitmas snow (REMEMBER MORE SNOW HAS BEEN ADDED LAST WEEK AND THIS WEEKEND)

This is Leigh driving home from the hospital in the FWD Civic (LOL)....Ray actually took this picture from his office building (RAY KNEW I WAS COMING DOWN THE HIGHWAY, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW HE HAD THE CAMERA TO TAKE A PICTURE)

I just love this guy!!! He loves the SNOW.......he looks like a Kangaroo hopping around in it!!!

Kansas City Skyline from Ray office

1 comment:

michelle said...

USMLE world is the best...use it use it use it!